Phillip Van Hooser has spoken, written and consulted on leadership development worldwide since 1988. As founder and concept director for Leaders Ought To Know®, a comprehensive leadership development initiative, Phillip leads the creative direction of multi-faceted learning systems and strategies that help leaders maximize their performance so they can achieve their organization’s goals.
Leadership Performance & Development Expert
Phillip’s popular books, We Need to Talk: Building Trust When Communicating Gets Critical and Willie’s Way: 6 Secrets for Wooing, Wowing and Winning Customers and Their Loyalty along with his leadership development initiative Leaders Ought To Know® help organizations lower turnover rates, increase productivity, improve management/employee relations and manage change effectively.
Companies around the globe have trusted Phillip and his expertise to achieve their leadership development goals. His 800-plus clients include such recognized brands as Allstate Insurance, Reebok, P&G Pharmaceuticals, BlueCross BlueShield, Lockheed Martin, KPMG, Verizon, Wells Fargo and El Nacional.
Phillip’s clients and their unique organizational circumstances have afforded him a diverse array of leadership case studies from which to learn. He wraps this multi-layer experience into customized leadership keynote presentations, training courses and leadership development initiatives for his clients.
In 2011, Phillip was awarded the prestigious “Top5 Speaker” designation by Speakers Platform, one of the United States most prominent speakers bureaus Out of hundreds of nominees, Phillip Van Hooser has risen to become one of the world’s most respected and compelling speakers in leadership.
Phillip is also a leader in the professional speaking industry having served as president of the National Speakers Association from 2009 through 2010. He is a Certified Speaking Professional and member of the Speaker Hall of Fame. Phillip holds a B.S. in Marketing from Murray State University and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
Phil resides in Princeton, Kentucky.
- Trying to make sense out of human behavior? http://t.co/aIZ1RVIXu7 #Leaders Ought to Know.
- Manage your customers perceptions. “Who’s Your Gladys?” in paperback http://t.co/usyFQLQcu6 #Gladys
- RT @dauphineegroup: Reading Resource: Leaders Ought to Know. http://t.co/XuiJCHspBq http://t.co/LfgdvJ2vkx Appreciate the MT - TY!
Phillip Van Hooser covers the following topics:
- Leadership – Transformational Leadership
- Communication – We Need to Talk: Building Trust When Communicating Gets Critical
- Motivation – The Nature of Human Nature: Why Employees Do What They Do
- Customer Service – 6 Secrets for Wooing, Wowing and Winning Customers and Their Loyalty
Philip Van Hooser’s Blog