With more than three decades of experience in the yachting industry, there isn't any doubt that Sandy is a renowned captain globally. Her affinity for the sea pushed her to the helm of an industry dominated by men. Being detailed and dedicated in her service, she stands to be counted among an elite class of captains. No wonder she earned the Distinguished Crew Award, a prestigious accolade, a preserve for a few captains with exceptional service. That came following her successful efforts to rescue the crew, guests, and the vessel during a life-threatening fire off the Yemen coast.
Why you should book Captain Sandy Yawn for your next event
- Sandy has an inspiring story to tell any audience- how she overcame personal and work-related struggles and challenges, including accidents, a fire outbreak, and cancer. She demonstrates how a never-say-die attitude in the face of challenges can enable one to build a successful working team, just as she built a world-class crew.
- Sandy’s public speaking style is full of courage and inspiration, offering invaluable advice on breaking barriers.
- She is ideal for corporate events, panel events, commencement speeches, summits, in-person conferences, trade shows, special media campaigns, virtual events, private parties, etc.
Sandy hails from Florida. As an accomplished female captain, she displays a high sense of professionalism. Her excellence in the yachting industry could only earn her a Coast Guard Masters of Oceans, among other accolades. Thanks to her wealth of experience in the industry, Sandy is still an active member of several societies and associations, including the following:
- The Professional Yachting Association
- The United States SuperYacht Association
- The International Superyacht Society
- The Captain’s Advisory Council for SeaKeepers Society
Sandy’s resilience in the face of adversity hasn’t just catapulted her to the pinnacle of the industry; it has also enabled her to give back to the community via charity contributions and focus on children’s education. She is an active advisor or board member for Jacksonville School for Autism and other philanthropic organisations. And her willingness to share personal experiences and encourage cancer patients is never in question. It’s in this very spirit that she appeared on The Doctors show.
Have you watched Below Deck Mediterranean? It is a reality show aired on Bravo TV. There you will see Sandy- the captain of the show. Yes, she leads by example and is never afraid to go to any lengths to do whatever it takes to deliver.
See keynotes with Captain Sandy Yawn