Koen Kas is a healthcare futurist, professor, keynote speaker, and founder of Healthskouts. He is known for his vision of transitioning healthcare from reactive sick care to proactive, predictive, and personalized care. With a diverse background in molecular oncology, drug discovery, and biomarker discovery, he has studied at prestigious institutions such as Karolinska Institute, Utrecht University, and Harvard University.
Why you should book Koen Kas for your next event
- Insightful and Inspirational: Koen is a leading international keynote speaker who can provide insightful and inspirational talks on healthcare innovation, digital health, and patient/organization delight. He can deliver presentations that engage and inspire audiences with his unique perspectives and thought-provoking insights. Koen curates the world’s global database of digital health apps. He developed the concept of a “digital triplet” (next-gen digital twin).
- Healthcare Expertise: As a healthcare futurist and professor of Molecular Oncology & Digital Health, Koen has a wealth of expertise in the healthcare industry. He discovered the basis for two types of cancers and he developed a drug for brain cancer in children. He is a trusted voice for pharma & life sciences companies and can provide valuable insights.
- Diverse Experience: Koen has worked with global pharmaceutical companies, technology companies, hospitals, and governments, providing him with a unique perspective on the industry. Koen’s experience, and unique delight thinking methodology, can help organizations understand the complexities of the healthcare landscape and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of patients and customers.
- He is developing the first-ever citizen health data platform on a new version of the internet (using a US-based invention in Europe for the first time). This is a groundbreaking premiere.
- Koen is publishing his third book this summer on the novel perspective of how the tech and biological revolution can make humans become “epic”.
Prof. Dr. Koen Kas is a healthcare futurist, delight thinker, professor of Molecular Oncology & Digital Health, and leading international keynote speaker addressing healthcare innovation, digital health and patient / organisation delight.
He published his vision in two books: ‘Sick no more’ describes how we will transition from reactive sick care to predictive, proactive and personalised healthcare. ‘Your guide to Delight’ is a roadmap towards that future, introducing our personal digital twin that will keep you, and your company, relevant and “young”.
As founding CEO of Healthskouts, a digital health advisory company, Koen works with global pharmaceutical companies, technology companies, hospitals and governments to help them see the digital health landscape with greater clarity, to sharpen strategy and bring delightful products and services to market faster. Healthskouts also curates one of the world’s leading databases of certified digital health solutions.
Koen is guest professor at Ghent University in Belgium. He is Chairman of the European Cancer Prevention Organisation; Co-chair of the Digital Twin Consortium healthcare workgroup; Advisor of the Digital Therapeutics Alliance; Ambassador of Health House and VITO’s We Are project on decentralized health data (using Solid – a complee reinvention of the internet); Jury of the Prix Galien; and sits on the advisory board of 5 emerging (digital) healthcare companies and two startup accelerators.
Earlier, Koen was CSO Oncology at Oxurion, where he developed a novel drug for pediatric brain cancer. Before this, he was founder and CSO of Pronota, building a protein biomarker discovery platform and pipeline of four diagnostic programs. Prior to that, he was the director of drug discovery at Galapagos. Previously he set up and directed the cancer drug discovery program at Tibotec (now Johnson & Johnson). He started his career elucidating the molecular basis of two types of cancers.
See keynotes with Koen Kas